Why not advance your canoeing skills on one of our awesome improver courses.
Our three day Open Canoe Course is excellent for the paddler that has spent some time on the water but wants to progress further, maybe to take on some bigger water and / or try a canoe expedition or are working towards a British Canoeing Award. Our highly experienced instructors will take what skills are there and develop them further over the three days, they will introduce new paddle strokes, teach valuable rescue technique's and importantly have a blast.
The course is based mainly at beautiful Symonds Yat near Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire and covers the following:
- Boat Control, Forward, Backwards, Sideways, Sideways on move
- Trim & Edge Support Strokes
- Safety Signals
- Breaking In / Out
- Ferry Gliding
- Tracking & Lining
- DAY 1 – Flat water skills (Symonds Yat)
- DAY 2 – White water Skills (Symonds Yat Rapids)
- DAY 3 – Grade 2/3 white water (Day trip on the River Usk)
- Excellent local accommodation available, please see our recommendations here.
Activity Information Facts:
- Minimum Age – 14 Years Old
- Fitness Level – Moderate
- Cost - £195.00 PP
- Difficulty –Moderate
- Start time – 9am
- Duration – 3 Days
- Location - River Wye, River Usk.
What we provide:
- Dry Barrels
- Wet Suits (If requested)
- Buoyancy Aids