Tips for your adventure experience...
- Old trainers or similar (something you can swim in and will stay on your feet)
- Waterproofs (at least an anorak in case it rains, ideally waterproof trousers too)
- Warm top (even in summer, if the sun goes in it can get cold)
- Warm trousers (avoid jeans if possible)
- Hat (in summer a baseball cap or similar and if cold a woolly hat)
- Gloves (in cold weather)
To bring (dry barrel for canoeing/dry bag for kayaking):
- Spare clothes
- Drink (soft drink or water. For full day trips at least 1 litre per person)
- Food (biscuits etc are good. Try to avoid fresh items like chicken, fish etc that could spoil in the hot sun). We can supply ration packs if required.
- Any medication and allergy medicine (i.e. inhalers, epipens etc)
- Spare trainers or boots (for after the activity)
We provide dry barrels and dry bags so you can keep your spare kit dry. Other items you may find useful:
- If possible avoid wearing wellington boots (difficult to swim in).
- If you wear glasses it’s a good idea to tie some string to them.
- If it’s summer, then sun screen is a good idea.
- Avoid taking expensive electronic devices or jewellery in the canoe.
If you are unsure please don’t hesitate to ask! 01600 890027 or email [email protected]