Tips for your expedition...
- 2 x old trainers or similar (something you can swim in and will stay on your feet and drain, one pair to paddle in and one for camp)
- Base layers, ideally top and bottom.
- Waterproofs (at least an anorak in case it rains, ideally waterproof trousers too)
- Warm top – fleece/hoodie (even in summer, if the sun goes in it can get cold)
- Warm trousers (avoid jeans if possible)
- Hat (in summer a baseball cap or similar and if cold a woolly hat)
- Gloves (in cold weather)
Please bring (to go in dry barrel):
- Spare clothes
- Towel and washing equipment.
- Water bottle /Drinking water (we don’t supply cups)
- Ration packs, there are plenty of suppliers online.
- Any medication and allergy medicine (i.e. inhalers, EpiPen's etc)
- Spare trainers or boots (for after the activity)
- Cutlery to eat with i.e. sporks etc
- Gas for trangia's, screw in type (available at most outdoor shops)
- Canoes/kayaks, PFD’s, paddles, helmets etc
- Tarps/tents, roll mats
- Gas trangias & mess tins (only for the actual practice & qualifying expeditions)
- Dry barrels and bags
Participants will need food and drink for the 2 day training phase (we do not supply cooking equipment for this period), we have local eateries where they can go and local shops to buy food.
Other items you may find useful:
- If possible avoid wearing wellington boots (difficult to swim in).
- If you wear glasses it’s a good idea to tie some string to them.
- If it’s summer, then sun screen is a good idea.
- Avoid taking expensive electronic devices or jewellery in the canoe.
If you are unsure please don’t hesitate to ask! 01600 890027 or email [email protected]